Southern Railway Recruitment 2019 announced notification for 21 Group C posts against Sports Quota (Open Advertisement). The detailed eligibility and application process are given in below.
Southern Railway Recruitment 2019:
|Job Role||Group C|
|Salary||Up to Rs.29,200/-|
|Job Location||Across India|
|Last Date||14 January 2019|
Group C (Level 4/5): Minimum Degree from a recognized University or its equivalent.
Group C (Level 2/3): Minimum 12th Class (+2 Stage) pass.
Sports Qualification: Check in given notifications.
Note: If persons appointed as Clerk-cum-Typist – Typing Proficiency of 30 wpm in English or 25 wpm in Hindi within a period of four years from the date of appointment.
Age Limit (As on 01.01.2019): 18 to 25 years
SR Railway – Sports wise vacancies: 21 Posts
- Athletics – 10 Posts
- Boxing – 2 Posts
- Body Building – 2 Posts
- Chess – 1 Post
- Cycling – 1 Post
- Swimming – 3 Posts
- Table Tennis – 1 Post
- Weightlifting – 1 Post
- Group C (Level 5): Rs.29,200/-
- Group C (Level 4): Rs.25,500/-
- Group C (Level 3): Rs.21,700/-
- Group C (Level 3): Rs.19,900/-
Southern Railway Recruitment Selection process:
- Selection will be based on the performance of Trail, evaluation of Sports achievements, evaluation of educational qualifications, etc.
- Only the candidates declared FIT in the Trail will be considered for next stage.
Weightage of Marks
|For Game Skill Physical Fitness and Coach’s observation during trials||40 Marks|
|For Assessment of sports achievements||50 Marks|
|Educational Qualification||10 Marks|
Minimum Qualifying Marks:
- Group C (Level 4/5): 70 Marks
- Group C (Level 2/3): 65 Marks
- For SC/ST/PWD, Women, Minorities and Economically Backward Classes: Rs. 250/-
- For Others: Rs.500/-
Mode of Payment: Indian Postal Order/Demand Draft (DD) – Drawn in favour of Financial Advisor & Cheif Accounts Officer, Southern Railway, Chennai payable at Chennai.
How to apply for Southern Railway Recruitment 2019?
All interested and eligible candidates can send duly filled application form along with required documents to the following postal address on or before 14 January 2019.
For More details & Application Form: Click here
The Deputy Cheif Personnel Officer/R & W,
Southern Railway Headquarters Office,
Park Town, Chennai – 600 003.
- Last date for receipt of application: 14 January 2019
- The tentative date for Publication of eligibility list: 5 February 2019
- The tentative date for Trials begins on – 25 February 2019